We all strive to be that way in our jobs, and give our tasks and potential solid energy and thought. My motivation for you is to apply solutions to your soul. Yeah, I said soul. Some define your soul as your mind, will and emotions. Others define it as simply who you are. Wikipedia says it’s the “incorporeal essence of a person.”
However we define it, it sounds pretty important. A good challenge for us is to find solutions and practices for our inner self. To be solutions oriented when it comes to our mental, physical and emotional health. Simple practices are great and create preventative measures. For example:
· Make the first 10 minutes of your morning reading some motivational material
· Plan your workouts for the week
· Plan out your eating for the week
· Execute those workouts and clean eating
· Practice the same sleeping patterns
· Establish more regular routine
· Have a 10 min “house rescue” cleaning before bed with the kids
· Reduce clutter around you- desk, office, car, bedroom (I have had GOT JUNK come to my house the past two summers in a row, and feels fantastic. Unclutter your surroundings and unclutter the mind)
· Make that doctor or dentist appointment
· Work on relationship repair, go the extra mile
· What else for you this week?
You may be familiar with the “Right Livelihood” philosophy. It’s really about simply doing the right thing. I love that we have that as a core value. There is no “living well” without it. And the phrase “business ethics” is not an oxymoron. Those two can live together, and so can you and soulish solutions. Keep in mind and practice the holistic life. Right Livelihood says the best work situation is one that does not involve lying, dishonesty, harming others or the planet. It is a noble idea and a tall order, but it’s the best solution for genuine happiness.
It spreads as you live that out. I wanted to share with you what my little 8 year old motivational speaker wrote on my office board at home last night.
Ah, the things we can learn from little ones. I am taking her advice today and living life big time! Why not join us?